Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Can't...Stop...Making...Baby...Hats...

You know when you have so much fun making a certain type of project that you just can't stop? This seems to have happened with me and baby hats. (And, honestly, no child born into a springtime California climate needs this many wool hats so some will certainly be gifts.) These are horrible photos (the hats unfortunately do not really fit on their model's head), but you get the idea.


Cubba from Wee Woolly Toppers - in Rowan Wool Cotton (~3/4 a ball)


Buzzbee from Wee Woolly Toppers - in Knit Picks Swish DK (almost a ball)


Tubey from Wee Woolly Toppers (seriously my new BFF) - in more Swish DK (I ran out at the end, so it's a little short. We'll see how it fits on a baby.)


Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap by Gro - in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool (~1/2 skein)


And another Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap, this time in the smallest size. Because I realized I wanted the baby to be able to wear one immediately upon his birth, and not just have one to grow into. See, when I was young, my cousin came to visit from Sweden with her baby daughter. When we went outside, the baby wore a little hat just like this (but dark pink and not knitted) and wherever we went people stopped to ask where it came from (and in the days before internet shopping, it was very disappointing to hear something was only available in another country). I also thought it was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen and swore I'd have something similar for my own baby some day. And now I will. :)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Too cute! I love how the little duckling's eyes are covered by the hats in every picture. Love them all!

Aline said...

awww! this brings back memories.

peaknits said...

Adorable - it is like drinking the kool-aid - once you start - you can't stop!

Susan said...

Why didn't I make cute hats? I love them all. Great "model" for the photos, too. lol

French Press Knits said...

They are too perfect. I'm pretty sure Elise has gotten a new hat from me just about every week she has been alive now (I know, a little excessive, but they are too fun/cute/quick to knit up).

jennifer said...

Teehee! So sweet!

Lisbeth K said...

Lovely hats - and cute model :-)

/LisbethK

Virginia G said...

Love the hats! They're super cute.

Malinda said...

I have the same issue with the Cerus scarf! I am on my 4th one (and that is not counting the remakes I did when I was trying to come up with the right lengths. I love that pattern.

keri said...

Oh those are so cute! I especially like "buzzbee" - I think Abby might need a hat like that, it looks nice and warm and I love how it covers her ears!

Teresa said...

I think you've found a great model! Those hats are all so adorable and sweet.

Julie said...

So cute! That little boy's head will be snuggly and warm from fall into spring. And you know they're not made in China! :)

Renee said...

adorable!!

Julie said...

aww, so cute!! I would totally be stockpiling those hats as well.

Eliza said...

Yay baby hats! I love them all, and have knit a few of those! Eamon wore his Tubey today. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one wearing them!

Philigry said...

so cute...and only six weeks to go!! wow!