Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mom's Cotton Knucks


This is my third pair of Knucks, from Knitty Summer 2006. The first pair I made for myself in Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed in Posie. The second pair I made for my Mom in light pink Kid Classic. She likes to protect the backs of her hands from the sun, you see, while she drives, and standard driving gloves just aren't as nice as handknitted ones. When I gave her the pink ones, she wished out loud for a pair in cotton to wear during the summer. I've had this white Rowan Cotton Rope in the stash since soon after that, and, bad daughter me, just got around to making them.

I love Knucks. I love their top-down, half-fingered-ness. I love how they make me feel better about accidentally buying two sets of size 4 dpns within three days (I can hold the fingers on extra dpns instead of waste yarn!). I love how they take me only two days worth of commuting plus a couple of hours watching So You Think You Can Dance. Additionally, I'm loving the Rowan Cotton Rope. So soft!

They look a little like something one would wear boxing or working out, but I hope they do the trick for Mom. I think the cotton will be good for that crazy heat in The Great Central Valley, and I know they will protect from sun damage.


P.S. I hope to finally get a good picture of the catsuit on Stewart tomorrow, and the pattern will follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look cute and very cozy - great job, your mom will love 'em!

Pamelamama said...

awww, thanks for the knucks love note. ;)