Friday, June 19, 2009

Res Completa: Another Ishbel

Thanks so much, all, for allowing me to gush a little about the Giants and baseball on Tuesday. It's been a full week, but I honestly still find myself sitting around or walking along, remembering last Friday's reception, squealing, and saying to myself, "I can't believe I met them!!" Several of you noticed that I was wearing my Julia Livilla cardigan -- I just had to wear a handknit to such a momentous occasion as this! But after reading Eliza's comment, I am kicking myself! I so should have taken a sock for them to hold...

So anyway...my love affair with triangular-shaped shawls has not yet ended, so here is one more before I get back into the sweaters.



And excitingly, it is another Ishbel.

Pattern: Ishbel, by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Koigu Premium Merino, about 1.75 hanks
Needles: US 6 circs
Start to Finish: May 18-22, 2009

The first one I made with some gorgeous laceweight from Chrispy, so I thought I needed another in a heavier weight yarn. I couldn't stop thinking about the pretty purple Koigu I used to make a Lace Ribbon Scarf last year and the fact that that particular scarf ended up being 9 feet long and wasn't seeing much wear. So I unraveled half of it and repurposed the yarn, ending up with a new shawlette and a more wearable scarf. Win win!

I have to say, I'm loving this shawlette trend. Scarves can be too long and bulky and I don't feel that cowls hug my neck enough - the shawlette is the perfect compromise, and can be so pretty and feminine, too. Great for those warmer (and by warmer I mean colder) San Francisco summer months. I like to wear mine both with the main triangle point in the front...



and in the back...



I can't believe it, but I kind of want some more of these.

14 comments:

Cyn said...

Triangle shawls are like crack.

I just finished one and I think it's my most favourite thing that I've ever knit. Now I'm about to cast on for two more, am mentally designing a third, then have yarn waiting for two more after that...

*twitch*

Journeying Five said...

so nice! i want to make one, but i shouldn't...i don't have the yarn for it but i have yarn for other things!

a friend to knit with said...

you are really making me want to make one!
it looks fabulous!

Team Knit said...

It's SO gorgeous!!! I'm not surprised you want more of them. Great FO!!

- Julie

Jodi said...

Beautiful! I completely agree with you -- I've knit 2 Ishbels, and I want to knit more.

orata said...

Very pretty! I love the color.

Teresa said...

It looks lovely (and I must say, I highly appreciate the various ways to wear photos. I just knit myself an Aeolian, and am having difficulty making it look good ON).

I'm very psyched (cause, clearly, I'm reverting to catchy 80s lingo) that you got to have a positive frogging session. There are so few of those!

the Lady said...

Oh yeah baby - more more more! I wear my Aestlight both ways too, I like how versatile it can be. Pretty pretty!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I think these small sized shawls with a sock weight yarn (or silk) are the perfect Summer accessory ~ I wore one over a T-shirt just this a.m. to run errands!

Love your style tips ~ both looks have it going on :)

That's too funny about repurposing some of the ribbon scarf - very clever!

Tif said...

This is beautiful, and I especially love the color!

Philigry said...

you are on a roll! i love these.

Eliza said...

you're making me think that maybe I need a triangle shawl/scarf thing too! yours is beautiful Great color too!

peaknits said...

This Ishbel is fab-u-lous! I love the colorway. It looks great on you!

Kristen Rettig said...

I like you the way you wear this. I've been wanting to make one, maybe it's time!